April 16, 2009

American Idol 8 - Top 7 Sends One Home...(or does it?)

It should be no surprise to you people at this point that my heart belongs to Matt Giraud in this reality show we call American Idol. From his style to his sweet sound, I personally thinks Matt steps up to the plate and brings a certain appeal to the show. However, I'm not delusional, I realize that Adam Lambert is going to take the cake here, but I'm a die-hard Giruad fan, and I do hope he "makes it" with a successful career (even if that ends up being a Justin Timberlake impersonator.)
As with every results show, I sat on pins and needles as Ryan Seacrest was about to announce who he was sending to safety from the bottom three: Anoop Dogg, (appropriately) Lil Rounds and my love, Matt Giraud. I truly thought it was a shoe-in for my boy to go take a seat with the rest of his friends, but alas, it was Anoopie who was deemed safe. Once again, my heartbeat raced and fury ensued as Ryan boldly stated that Lil Rounds was safe. Shocked and deeply saddened, I knew deep down that the judges would save Matt. He is a huge part of the competition and I believe that Lil' Rounds, Anoop Desai and Allison Iraheta need to be gone before we have a REAL competition with the four remaining: Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, Kris Allen and Matt Giraud. I'm sure I will get some negative feedback since I'm most certainly NOT an Allison fan. She's too young, needs to come into her own and simply put - her raspy voice is not something I'm interested in hearing on the radio.
So here we are, the crowd chanting, "Save. Save. Save," and the judges deliberating for a few moments, before huddling together for the big announcement. "The news is good," says Simon and the crowd goes absolutely wild. The other contestants run up on stage to hug my boy and as he steps to the forefront, it's quite obvious that he is crying. Hey Matt, come lay your head on my bosom. Mommy will make it better.
So, to end this off, it's important to note that it is disco night (my most hated genre of music after country and heavy metal) next week TWO people will be getting voted off.

Till then, America.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Zlata: Marry Me. Now. Today. Let's go to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, Matt Giraud stinks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!