August 10, 2009

Do you, Zlata, take the honor of being my 'maid?

This weekend marked the fourth wedding I've been in over the span of only two years (with a fifth one coming up.) People tell me I'm so lucky, since I am obviously loved enough to hold the honor of being in a bridal party. Though I don't disagree, I gotta tell you - I miss being just a plain ole' guest! I haven't had to pick out an outfit for a wedding in a pretty long time!
  • I always KNOW what I'm wearing and expect a stop in to get fitted around three to four times (for two large, very obvious reasons.)
  • I help to plan bridal showers and bachelorette parties.
  • I make appointments for hair and makeup months in advance.
  • I get the required matching shoe (NEVER the same color as previous weddings.)
  • I buy tissues for the Place of Worship.
  • I don't stop smiling, cognizant of the both the photographers and videographers.
  • I think of funny ways to "come out" with my partner in the beginning of reception.
  • I dance till my feet hurt.
  • I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
Despite all the problems (everyone who's been in a wedding party knows) during planning stages, the end result couldn't make me happier. Being a part of someone's special day is certainly gratifying and I'm thankful to all the ladies who have asked me to be a part of it!

While taking out my bobby pins Saturday night and adding them to the collection I already have, I realized that I have like, over 500. That's a lot, no?

Also to note, at this wedding, the hottest single guy was 11-years-old.

Also to note, a three-year-old knew all the words to "Boom Boom Pow."

CONGRATULATIONS TO DANIELLE AND RYAN CERVONE!!!
Danielle and Ryan Cervone

1 comment:

  1. Z --- I've been in 9 weddings -- 3 times as maid of honor. It's expensive, and fun. And I'm glad I'm done with it! sl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!