August 11, 2009

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard - A Movie Review

The Goods
The Goods, starring Jeremy Piven, is coming to a theater near you on August 14th. I had the opportunity to see it tonight and I thought it was pretty funny. In true Gary Sanchez Production form, the movie had a thematic parallel to Anchorman.

Jeremy Piven plays Don Ready, a used-car liquidator, hired to save a failing car dealership with a blowout Fourth of July event. Through trials and tribulations, the gang pulls it off. Life lessons are learned. Love is found.

The cast of this Neal Brennan-directed movie is ... AM-AY-ZING. Ed Helms, as per usual, has fun with his character and came out with some pretty good one-liners. Of course, my favorite was Jeremy Piven. I'm used to seeing J.Piv play Ari, so the lead role as a flirtatious go-getter was the perfect place for him. The perfect place for him would also be in my bedroom, but hey - we can't win 'em all.

Here's some other people to look forward to in the flick: James Brolin, Kathryn Hahn, Ken Jeong, Rob Riggle, Alan Thicke, Craig Robinson -- even Will Ferrell makes a surprise apearance.

I would definitely see this movie again -- and maybe again. As with all Adam McKay movies, it's to be expected that one-liners will out and be used in normal, everyday conversations. I've already got my eye on a few predictions.

Actually, it's kind of hard to write a review because I want to be like, "and this one part..." but I don't want to give it away!!!

Go see it -- I give it a 3.5 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!