October 6, 2011

Not another Steve Jobs post

I am saddened by the death of Steve Jobs because I feel his innovations were revolutionary.  I remember when I was younger, I used to think "I have a beeper, a CD player and a VCR.  All of these things, my parents didn't have when they were my age." And, I used to carry on wondering what kind of technology I would be alive to see cultivate into society and what kind of changes they will make the world.

Now, iPhones and iPads and all-things Apple play a pivotal role in people's lives. THESE are the things I was thinking about years ago. These inventions are the changes and additions that I have been witness to in my lifetime.  Now, we're the old farts who can say "when I was your age, I didn't have apps or GPS telling me where to go on my touch screen phone that fits into my pocket."  All of these things, these revolutionary innovations, are to be credited to Steve Jobs, an unbelievably wise man.  From his speeches, his inspiring quotes and his true genius; I truly believe this man is an icon. I believe he changed the world and I'm saddened to know that we won't be blessed with anymore of his brilliance.

My friend Lauryn and I were discussing this today and she said, "I really think he was the Einstein of our time."  I completely agree.  There is no need for us to figure out that E = MC squared anymore, no. We don't need Christopher Columbus finding America.  But Steve Jobs' achievements for OUR generation, for THIS time in our lives....yes, he is like the Einstein of our time.

I planned to write this blog all day, but kept putting it off on account of some work and errands.  The catalyst for my writing this at 11:30 p.m. is due to the video below.  Please wait for the commercial to end and then if you can't watch the whole thing, please just fast forward to 2:00 minute mark.  THIS is how stupid [Florida??] children are.  This is how unbelievably ignorant and uneducated they are.  Or, is this really all they know?  Were we all just "cavemen" when we were in grade school?

Would love your thoughts ...





1 comment:

  1. I mean, I really couldn't believe this stupid boy said that. I was just shocked. Am I the only one???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!