April 14, 2009

American Idol 8 - Top 7 Perform

Ok guys - here we are! Quentin Tarantino welcomes us with the now popular "THIS is American Idol!" Today's theme is music from movies. Apparently now, we can only hear the judges two at a time because of the delay last week. That's annoying. When there were three judges, it was all fine and good -- and now I'm only getting two at a time? Eff you.

Allison will be singing "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" from the movie Armageddon. She's doing really poorly in my opinion. She is going a little too fast and is doing really really bad in the chorus. I'm ready for her to go. Yes, she can hit the notes, but is a bit abrasive and it doesn't flow with this particular song. The judges seem to like it, as Simon thinks she's getting stronger and is the "girl" to beat. This actually pisses me off because I think the judges are doing this on purpose. She was NOT good tonight and their playing mind games with America.

Next up is Anoop Dogg. He's singing Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do." Quentin is really into this mentorship. He's a beautiful singer. I was over him last week but I think he's back on my Top list. Sweaty upper lip or not, he was GOOD. Marissa can't believe he's this far in the competition and still has "those eyerbrows." Randy thinks it was really good, appreciate the emotion behind the words. Kara says it was one of his best performances and felt connected to him. I agree with her 100%.

Adam Lambert is up next singing, "Born to Be Wild." I mean, he's just unbelievable. He's a complete natural and a true performer. Collectively here, we agree that he has the most say in how he wants the stage set up, lights, etc. Paula thinks that he "dares to play in the path of greatness." Cool Paula, what color is the forrest you're walking through? Simon doesn't think the performance will be as popular as it was last week. Although I agree that he was a bit like Rocky Horror Picture Show - it was still an unbelievably flawless performance.

Matt Giruad is up next!!!! He's singing "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" Ugh, I'm upset...this is really not a good performance. He needs to step up his game here. I'm nervous for some harsh critique. I mean, he's sad. I will vote for him tonight.

Danny Gokey is up next and he's such a cutie patootie. He's signing "Endless Love." The thing is, he's not that good but he's not that bad -- but the reason I like this performance is the simple fact that this man pulls at my heartstrings more than anyone else on the show. I listen to him sing that and I know he's thinking about his wife who passed away - which is clearly true as he looks up to Heaven at the end of it.

Kris Allen is singing a song I don't know and not doing a very good job at it. I'm flipflopping between whether or not it's good -- but it's definitely a POOR song choice. Borrrring. Randy isn't feeling it. Kara thinks it was one of his best moments. I feel entranced by Kara when she talks. She can tell me the sky is green and I would totally believe it to be truth.

We're ending the night with Lil Rounds who I don't like, singing "The Rose," which I love. Why does she now have another foot of hair? I think it sounds whiny and I want her to get the steppin'. Ok, I just didn't like it. I don't know what else to say. Was it the worst? No. But I just didn't like it. Paula is a bobble-head. Simon rolled his eyes at Paula - it's just amazingly awesome. Simon isn't into her and as she's defending his critique, my DVR cut off and I'm NOT pissed.

Now for some Jill Zarin and Bethenny Frankel...it's off to Bravo Land for Real Housewives of New York...Wow, what a life.

Also, earlier today I went to a screening for 17 Again...Great flick and I officially have a crush on Zac Efron.

Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!