April 21, 2009

American Idol 8 - Top 7 Perform...Again.

Tonight, we have a special guest over, Jillian Riegger...so, let the comments begin!

We start the show with Lil Rounds, looking completely different this week...once again. She sings Chaka Kahn and I'm just beyond over her and this copycat performance. I will, however, say that everyone is dressed extremely snazzy tonight and I especially liked Lil's one piece catsuit. Yes, that was her best performance - but no, it's not going to be enough. Randy says that it didn't show her vocal control. Kara was a little nasty saying, "We've been waiting for you to sing Chaka - and I don't think it was worth the wait." SNAP. Paula's next and even SHE didn't have a positive review. Simon points out that she looks sad. I think she looks like a sad tranny, but that's neither here nor there. He tells her we won't be seeing her next week - and I'd have to agree.

Kris Allen is up next, "apparently doing Disco with a guitar?" He sings Donna Summer in a fabulous arrangement, placing him in a category that he has not yet done for himself. He truly showed himself in a new light and this is 100% a memorable performance. There was a twist of Eagles and Santana, and we'd all download this song of iTunes. He tops the charts, baby! Kara is up first to judge and says he took a risk with that arrangement and it paid off. I couldn't agree more with everything she is saying. Paula says it had a classy Santana tune. She then used a metaphor regarding shopping in men's/women's sections, respectively. Simon didn't grasp the joke Paula was saying about how he shops at La Perla and the whole interaction was just odd. Randy's up next and tells Kris not to pay attention to the "Grade Schoolers." Clearly, Randy realizes that this is the "Paula & Simon Show" and is sufficiently jealous. Kris, you're safe next week!

Danny Gokey is next singing September by Earth Wind and Fire. Let's liven up the mood a little here! I'm a fan and all - but I don't know if I think he's winning material. He's a bit plain Jane to me. I don't really feel his personality. "Danny, we need to talk. I feel a distance and it's been like this for a few weeks now. Look, it's not you - it's me. I'm changing. My expectations are different now. This is difficult for me to say...." Anyway, back to reality. Randy really liked it, Kara was worried about Danny in Disco night, but boasts a solid performance and perfect pitch. Paula thinks he has a sexy voice. Simon thinks he didn't have star quality - and again, Simon's biting off my thoughts.

Allison Iraheta is next singing VERY well, I must say. Her look is good, her arrangement is good - and she IS a woman to love. I was concerned for her in Disco, but this 16-year-old is rocking it out. I'm not a fan of her for this competition, but she's really a phenomenal singer, who has Christina Aguilera potential. Randy thinks the arrangement was overindulgent, but that she's the best singer in the competition. Kara agrees and gives her a 9/10 for vocals. Paula doesn't mind the arrangement, but then again, she doesn't mind anything right now since she's so drugged up. Simon says she came into this week as an underdog, but says that hers was a brilliant performance. Jillian just picked up a pepperoncini out of her Greek Salad and said "we gotta hot one tonight!" Whatever, I mean - I don't want her to win. Period.

Adam Lambert is up next, looking all dapper! He will be singing If I Can't Have You off the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Very smart strategy to do a slow and soothing song. He's showing a different side of himself. We already know he can be the rocker dude -- but now we know he can also be that ballad man....well, sort of. I thought this was an amazing performance! Paula gives him a standing O, but that means jack shit to anyone. Randy says Adam is ready RIGHT NOW...and the infamous quote,"Hot one tonight!!" Kara says Adam is brilliant, Paula is about to pass out. Her thoughts of rainbows and roses are brewing. Well, not quite - she says it's as if he tore his heart out and threw it on the stage. All the while, Simon sits beside her looking puzzled. He compliments Adam's originality and immaculate vocals. Ryan made a funny! "You almost made a pool of Abdul."

My boyfriend Matt Giraud is up next singing Stayin' Alive. Jill is nervous for Matt right now. Let's see what we got here, people. Complete with fedora and Justin Timberlake moves, Matt knocks it out of the park as far as we're concerned. Perfect song choice, perfect look, great vocals, dance moves -- just an all around GREAT PERFORMANCE. HE WORKED THE SHIT OUT OF THAT SONG. Randy didn't like the song choice, didn't like the arrangement, but says that Matt can really sing. Kara says Matt brought Disco back. Here we are with Paula's metaphors. Matt picks songs like she bowls -- sometimes GutterBalls, sometimes Strikes...tonight, a strike. Simon didn't like the performance and I'm terribly upset. He says it came across desparate, with no originality.

Anoop Dogg is up next singing Dim All the Lights. What's up with his stache? Look, there's no denying that he has a good voice, right? But he's a bit boring. There's nothing special about him in the least. The song turned upbeat, but Anoop remained seconds behind. Anoop knows he didn't do a good job. Randy didn't like the arrangement, but can't get over how great his voice is. Kara loves the song choice and thinks it could be on the radio. Paula is up next, talking some bullshit about his "growth." Simon thinks it was mediocre at best, with a horrible tempo. He says it was Anoop's worst performance.

Personally, I'd like to see Anoop and Lil Rounds go home. I'm upset about Matt's negative comments, but thought he was good enough to stay, comparitively speaking. However, given the fact that he was in the bottom last week, I just get a little worried.

I just tried calling for Matt and it's busy - it's never been busy before. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!