April 7, 2009

American Idol 8 - Top 8 Perform, but I only see 7

I'm SO excited for tonight's Idol. The theme is "Songs from the year you were born," which translates (for me) to "songs that you heard on the radio when you first got your license and blasted tunes while driving through Ridgewood."

Let's do it....THIS is American Idol! The following comments are compiled by both Marissa Croughan and myself.

Darlene from Roseanne is in the audience.

Daney Gokey is up first. Born in 1980. He will be singing Stand By Me. It's not good. Pretty flat and pretty boring. He sounds really cheesy and belongs in a Baptist Church right now. Not into it at all. Let's see what the judges have to say. Randy doesn't like the arrangement, but liked it anyway. Kara is really passionate about how unique it was. Paula likes it too, and even made a funny. Simon is getting into with Paula now. I just love when they squabble. I shant be voting for Danny tonight. Wasn't feelin' it dawg.

Kris Allen is up next. He actually reminds me of Mike Heller, Lisa Allen's husband-to-be. Born in 1985, in Arkansas. He's singing All She Wants To Do is Dance by Don Henley. I don't really know this song. I hate they put him in the crowd! I think it really takes away from the overall performance. Marissa thinks he belongs in Jam Band in Charlottesville at the Mellow Mushroom. I don't really think that was THAT great, but I dig him anyway. Kara thinks it was jazz funk and it lost his youth. Paula made sense, according to Simon, whose face showed signs of understanding. Simon rips him a new butthole and I do agree with him. He came across as a guitarist who wanted to sing rather than a singer who just happened to play guitar. I feel their critique to be accurate.

Lil (LEEL) Rounds - you look different everytime. But I like this look the best. She was born in 1984. She's singing What's Love Got to Do with It and there's a collective agreement here that this song fucking rocks. I'm diggin' this. I just got the chills. There's still a part of me that doesn't feel the passion being exuded from her voice. Marissa thinks this is her best performance thus far, but it was just "predictable." Let's see what the rest of the judges have to say. Paula thinks it was a bit karaoke and Simon agrees with her. Randy isn't in love with her either. All these critiques are right - she's lost as an artist. Who is she, really? Simon is a dick...I love it. SHe got bad feedback last week and promised us that she'll be different this week. She just said the same thing. One chance, girl. I'm over it.

Anoop DOGGGG!! Go HEELS!!! He actually admitted to behaving poorly last week. It was very nice of him to acknowledge that he doesn't want to represent himself, his family, friends, etc. in this way. I likey him. Born in 1986. Same day as David Cook. He's singing True Colors. I dont get it. Hmmm...it's actually really good. His voice is extremely controlled and I can really sense the emotions coming out. Like, I see his True Colors. Randy really dug it, Kara says he controlled the song and not the other way around. Paula says,"You see your true colors like a rainbow." Simon doesn't think it was fantastic, but good nonetheless.

Scott "Blindy" McIntyre is up next. I can't believe he's still here, by the way. It makes me really mad. He was born in 1985 and wanted to be a train engineer. Welp, clearly not happening. He's singing the Search is Over. He's standing. And holding a guitar. "Now I look into your eyes...and I can see forever." -- I mean, "Can you?" DUDE, THIS IS NOT GOOD. DO YOU GUYS GET THIS??? THIS IS JUST REALLY BAD. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE'S STILL HERE. "He has vampire fangs." Kara doesn't think it was a good song selection. Paula gives him credit for stepping away from the piano. Paula Abdul has lipstck ALL OVER HER TEETH!!!! Did anyone catch that? Simon suggests he go back to the piano. Randi agreed and Scott keeps talking back. Like, he's really got some balls on him. At the end he says, "I just wanted to show my versatility...before I go home." I actually feel badly for him. I'll be sad when he goes.

Alison was born in 1992. She's singing I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt. I sing this in the shower. Now rememer, she was bottom three last week, although I dont believe she should have been. Marissa thinks she looks like a gothic peacock. Her voice is definitely good, but it's all just a bit boring and dreary. She should have had more passion. Paula goes first (remember I like to look at Simon.) Lipstick is still on Paula's teeth. Why isn't her stylist running out there? Simon thought it was really good, but that she doesn't really have a personality. I compleely agree. Randy thinks she sounds like Kelly Clarkson.

Matt Giraud was born in 1985. I didn't realize I'd be robbing the cradle. Eh, I'm alright with that. He's SO cute. He'll be singing Part Time Lover. I like the hat, covering up his mole. This is the best look for him! Let's jam out!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sitting still. I am sooo into this!!! He's totally pulling Justin Timberlake dance moves! Totally taking the judges' advice. I really fucking love him. There's no font big enough to describe how awesome that ever was. INCREDIBLE ON EVERY LEVEL. 1866-436-5707,

MY DVR JUST GOT CUT OFF --- I FUCKING HATE THIS.
Is Adam going to get booted because of a technical malfuntion?

2 comments:

  1. I caught the last performance (it made it's way on to my DVR of Fringe since they went over by more than 7 minutes) and I have to say I was quite impressed. He sang Mad World by Tears for Fears, but really it was more in the style of the Michael Andrews/Gary Jules cover from the Donnie Darko soundtrack. It's the only Idol performance I've seen from this season, but I definitely agree with Simon's standing ovation. Search YouTube, it's probably all over the place by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to say I feel kind of old knowing that all of these idol hopefuls are around the same age as me...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!