June 10, 2009

Movie Review: The Taking of Pelham 123

The Taking of Pelham 123
Tonight, I went to see an advanced screening of The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 and I can't say enough good things about it! Set to come out on June 12, this Tony Scott directed movie has you hooked from the very first second of the film. Grabbing the audience with Jay-Z's "99 Problems" and fast moving imagery, this flic is guarenteed to keep you entertained.

There are no spoilers here - don't worry - I'm not an asshole. John Travolta does an exceptional job at playing the villain, hijacking a subway train in exchange for ransom. Denzel Washington played his usual role of hero as an MTA employee and James Gandolfini took the train onto the good tracks (pun intended) with his role as Mayor of New York City.

I have an annoying habit of always trying to find loopholes in movies. When I watch a movie, I like to be fully entertained and have the feeling as though I'm somewhere else, peering into the lives of the characters, seeing who it is that I relate most with. However, when I'm picking movies apart, I get lost in all of the "that would and could never happen!!" Point is, I felt that a few times here - though trust me, it doesn't take away from the suspense.

All in all, I give it two opposable thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!