June 22, 2009

Where are your tax dollars going?


Like many other people in the workforce, I enjoy some coffee in the morning. Lately, as a money-saving attempt, I've been fixing myself an iced-coffee from home, putting it into my handy Solo to-go cup and going on my merry way to the PATH train in the morning.
Well, today was a day like none other. Look, I understand the random searches by police officers (not really, but I'll at least give them that) but to stop me at the top of the stairs to tell me I can't bring a coffee on the train is UNACCEPTABLE. What if I had just paid five bucks at Starbucks??
I, of course, argued with the cop - asking him since when it was not okay to have a plastic cup of coffee on the train. With an expected attitude, he answered, "Since always - you can't drink, eat or smoke on the train."

With a scoff, I walked away and threw out my roommate's fresh-brewed coffee on ice. Look Copper, I'm not trying to tend bar and whip up onion rings on the PATH. I'm not tryin' to have a schmoke ana pancake - I'm trying to have a cup of coffee, like any normal red-blooded American. Are you SERIOUSLY employed to stand at the top of the PATH train entrance, directing people to throw out their drinks?!?
I'm just fuming mad - I don't get it. Maybe you should be more concerned with containing the influx of homeless. Perhaps you should be following people with dogs, making sure the owners curb them, so I don't I have to hopscotch-step around dog shit on a daily basis. But, do NOT deny me of coffee in the morning. DON'T.
Is this the work of new Mayor, Peter Cammarano?

3 comments:

  1. I've had approximately ten bajillion cups of coffee on the New York subway/PATH. That's total BS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. devils advocate here.

    read a story in AM NY today that said MTA cleaning forces have been cut back, and trains are now dirtier than ever.

    not saying YOU are responsible for the trash, but by preventing people from taking foodstuffs onto the train, subway trash will be less hefty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un-real they seriously have nothing better to look out for than you with a cup of coffee on the train? How about the homeless guy masturbating on the platform drinking his own urine. They should probably say something to that guy...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!