June 20, 2009

The Ultimate Celebrity "Then and Now" Post

My favorite thing about television (and being this old) is a little guilty pleasure I have in the "Where are they now?" genre. I'll often think about someone really random from TV timez in my early years and wonder what they're up to nowadays.
Today's victim: The Yankee Doodle Boy in Full House (1993.) Remember him? He helped Michelle in the play where she was the Statue of Liberty? Since I was only 11 at the time, I wasn't really sure what gay meant - or what gay tendencies were. It wasn't until later (during syndication and college procrastination) that I'd watch these reruns and think, "Man, that kid HAS to be gay now."
Without a notebook handy, my thoughts go as quickly as they come - and it's not until years later that something reminds me - "Shit, I wanted to Google that."
So here I am, watching High School Musical [yes, laugh at me because it's Saturday night] and I get the thought that the main guy (not Zack Effron) is quite obviously gay in this movie - and that futhermore, I'm happy they are portraying a homosexual kid in a popular Disney movie, since I do think the exposure is a good thing.

But I digress -- I remembered that I wanted to look up Yankee Doodle Boy - aka Blake McIver Ewing - and I did just that. On account of my ADD, I got into it a LITTLE too much and found a lot more people. I hope enjoy.

In the spirit of Full House, that's exactly where we'll start. Remember Kimmy Gibbler's man for a hot second, Duade? He had one line and one like only - "Whatever," and it was CLASSIC. In fact, me and Mar still use it to this day.
THEN
whatever full house
NOW
whatever full house

Another favorite of mine one of Michelle's very bestest friends. She was prim, proper and quite polite, no?
THEN
lisa leeper
NOW
lisa leeper

Another one of Michelle's friends, Denise, who had the very awesome lisp.
THEN
denise full house
NOW
denise full house

How about Nicky and Alex? Remember those two cute twins?
THEN AND NOW
Nicky and Alex Full House

And of course, the catalyst for this complete waste of a Saturday evening - Yankee Doodle Boy.
THEN

NOW
yankee doodle dandyyankee doodle dandy

Next up, the ever-so-wholesome show, 7th Heaven. Remember little Ruthie?
NOW
ruthie 7th heaven
And Simon? He's hot by the way - I'd totally rob the cradle with this one.
THEN AND NOW
simon 7th heaven
Wonder Years anyone? My main man Paul...
THEN AND NOW
paul wonder years
Growing Pains Lil' Tykes
THEN AND NOW
ashley johnson
The youngest boy - NOW
growing pains
Let's hit Laguna Beach with some Reality TV...
LC (Lauren Conrad) THEN
lauren conrad
Stephen THEN
Stephen Laguna
Talan THEN
Talan Laguna
Kristin Cavallari THEN
Kristin Cavallari
Jason THEN
Jason Laguna
Sticking with Reality, let's take a look at what the Queen of Media, Perez Hilton (Mario Lavandiera) looked like during his HS years...Could it be he's so evil now because he was completely made fun of by the cool kids?
THEN
Perez Hilton YearbookPerez Hilton YearbookPerez Hilton Yearbook

Ok, let us move into the movie genre, shall we? I want to start off with a boy from Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Why? Because he died in 2000 and I'd rather start it off with this than end with it. I absolutely LOVED this guy! Apparently, he died from an accidental overdose.
THEN
Zach Crandell
BEFORE HE PASSED (I'm sad)
Zach Crandell
Curly Sue chicky - remember that cutie patootie???
NOW
Curly Sue
Look Who's Talking Now - that little girl was SO cutsie!
THEN

NOW - hottie!

Kindergarten Cop boy
THEN
kindergarten cop
NOW
kindergarten cop
Ok these last two are doozies - get ready. This is the boy from Cheaper By the Dozen --one of the Baker Boys
THEN
henry baker
NOW (I know!!!!!)
henry baker
Varsity Blues, anyone? Billy Bob!!!
THEN
billy bob
NOW (after gastric bypass and 17 reconstructive surgeries)
billy bob


CRAZY RIGHT?!?!?!!??!?!?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!