December 16, 2009

Stephen Colbert Raps with Alicia Keys!

Alicia Keys was a guest on Stephen Colbert's brilliant television show tonight. She sang Empire State of Mind and when she finishes the chorus, a surprise guest comes and joins her to parody Jay-Z's part.

Colbert Nation!

Check it out!

Here are Stephen Colbert's rap lyrics (as I understood them):

Yea yea yea
I love New York- King of all the cities
Lived up by the Guggenheim, till i got some kiddies
Moved to Connecticut, bye George Pataki
something something something, put it on my khaki's
Shopping malls close, my community is gated
My shorties are all private school educated
Home Theatre System - 60 inch plasma
Clean suburban air - much better for my asthma
Still hit the city - Times Square keep it real
Hard Rock Cafe for the appetizer deal
M&M Store, Disney Store, I'm in heaven
I own this town from 41st to 47th
Addicted to the Light - That show is fantastic
Leave half an hour early so that I can beat the traffic
I can get home really fast
Driving right through EZ Pass
Land of turbo gas and the upper middle class

Amazing.

4 comments:

  1. fantastic. i hope this makes it to itunes.

    for what it's worth, line 7 should be "my shorties are all private school educated".

    ReplyDelete
  2. changed. what about the top line? I couldn't figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i hate stephen for that

    ReplyDelete
  4. freakin amazing is all I can say...... I'd only like Colbert better if he wasn't so down on Bears and Canada lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!