May 19, 2010

Stop fixing your typos please

 

You know what really chaps my ass? People who fix their typos in the middle of any forms of instant messaging (AIM, GChat, etc.)  I understand if you feel obligated to do this in an email (although also annoying) – but let me fill you in on a little secret:  If you write “tihs” instead of “this” – I’m still going to understand that you mean “this.”  Get it?  So don’t waste your time with the asterisk and spell correction (*this).  It’s one less time I need to hear the IM ding.

Afterall, if you recall, Cambridge University came out with the following study that quickened its way into being a meme:

Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

So, wtih taht, I’m giong to sotp wrtining tihs bolgpsot.

 

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!