July 28, 2010

TV TimeZ with a TwiZt

 

Producer Nigel Lythgoe is close to making a deal to become executive producer for FOX's American Idol. Lythgoe supervised production on the competition series during the first seven seasons and is being asked back to rejuvenate the series following the exit of judge Simon Cowell. A replacement for Cowell has not been announced, though it is being reported Justin Timberlake is now on the list to be considered as well as Elton John joining previously announced Chris Isaak and Harry Connick Jr.  I previously said that I will leave the show with Simon Cowell.  His last season was to be mine.  However, I am telling you right now that I will RETRACT that sentiment should Justin Timberlake be the new judge to take Simon’s place.  In fact, I will probably want to watch it more intently than I did in previous years.  I am absolutely IN LOVE with Justin Timberlake and want to birth his babies.

Bravo is premiering a new docu-series, Thintervention with Jackie Warner beginning September 6 at 10p. Warner, who previously starred on the Bravo series Work Out, will inspire drastic lifestyle changes for her overweight clients, doing whatever it takes to keep them on target with their weight loss goals.   Got it, Bravo.  Just another show for fat people to watch while eating ice cream and thinking, “It would really be awesome if I had the motivation to do what these people are doing – but I feel better about myself because I’m actually watching it instead of the Food Network.”

FOX's Glee is replacing its football coach Ken Tanaka played by Patrick Gallagher. For the new season debuting in September, there will be a new football coach, Shannon Beiste, played by actress Dot Jones. I really wonder why that is happening!
In more Glee news, FOX tapped Cheyenne Jackson (30 Rock) in a recurring role playing the coach of Vocal Adrenaline.  Cheyenne Jackson looks like DuckFace from Full House to me, FYI.

WHAT SHOULD I WATCH TONIGHT?
FOX:  So You Think You Can Dance
NBC:  Minute to Win It, America's Got Talent, Law & Order

Tonight's Premiere:
The CW: Plain Jane at 9pm
Tonight's Finales:
Science Channel: Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman at 10pm
TLC: Toddlers & Tiaras at 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!