This week, Dishes features a yummy recipe called Sweet Potato Chipotle Soup. The best part? You can make it on your own! What other dining establishment shares their recipes with the public??
Sweet Potato Chipotle Soup
This soup is unparalleled in elegance, even despite its uncomplicated preparation and simple, yet tasty ingredients. Sweet, smoky and smooth with a subtle note of spice, it’s a perfect starter for any meal. Garnish with a swirl of sour cream and a sprig of cilantro for a picture-perfect presentation.
· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
· 2 cups yellow onions, chopped
· 4 cloves garlic, chopped
· 8-9 medium (3 pounds) sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely diced
· 1⁄2 cup half and half, cream or milk
· 2 tablespoons jarred chipotle peppers, pureed
· Salt to taste
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in the butter until soft and lightly golden.
2. Add potatoes. Add just enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer about 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes begin to fall apart.
3. Add cream, spices, and pureed chipotle to the pot. Blend with an immersion handheld blender, or transfer to a standing blender.
4. Serve warm.
Aaaaaand...DONE. You're welcome!