Zucchini, Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna Recipe
- Ricotta cheese (I bought a larger than 15-ounce container, but after I made this - I know that a 15-ounce is PLENTY)
- Two (2) packages of frozen spinach
- One (1) package of frozen artichoke hearts
- One (1) zucchini, cut in half - and then half again and then diced
- Your favorite pasta sauce (you'll use the whole bottle)
- Lasagna noodles (I used whole wheat)
- Mozzarella cheese (one package is fine; two if you really love cheese!)
- Cup of water
You'll need a lasagna pan (13x9x2).
- Defrost spinach and artichokes. Cut up artichokes into smaller pieces. Mix those ingredients with the ricotta cheese and a handful (or more) of the mozzy cheese. Don't be afraid to get all up in there and mix with your hands.
- Go back to your pan and line it with some pasta sauce. Put three uncooked lasagna pieces down. Top with ricotta mixture, top with some drops of sauce, top with a layer of zucchini pieces, top with a little bit of cheese. Repeat process.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pour the one cup of water along the sides of the pan. The steam from the water will cook the lasagne noodles! Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour - or as needed. Must be covered with tin foil the whole time.
You can also cook the lasagna beforehand if you'd like - then don't put in the water.