March 15, 2013

The hot chicks of Saturday Night Live


You could call them the new Tina, the new Amy, and the new Kristen. Or you could realize: The new women of Saturday Night Live kick a comedy ass all their own.

Photo Credit: Jennifer Livingston


Not watching Saturday Night Live these days? Start, start, start—because there’s a new lineup of women killing it week after week. Glamour met all five of these brilliant comedians (Nasim Pedrad, Aidy Bryant, Kate McKinnon, Vanessa Bayer, and Cecily Strong) on the set of our shoot. 

Check out what the ladies shared with Glamour below

GLAMOUR: You’re the latest in a long line of amazing women on SNL. Who inspired you to want to be on the show?
VANESSA: I loved watching Julia Sweeney do Pat, and Melanie Hutsell do Tori Spelling, when I was little. And Tina [Fey] and Amy [Poehler], of course.
CECILY: I remember watching all the Gilda Radner specials growing up.
KATE: Molly Shannon, Cheri Oteri, Ana Gasteyer…I had T-shirts of all their characters. I taped the sketches every week and transcribed them the next morning. It was unhealthy.
GLAMOUR: What would you say are the craziest things that have happened to you so far on the show?
AIDY: On my way to audition, I got caught in a rainstorm. When I walked in, I was soaked like a dog, I looked insane, and I was about to cry. Those hair and makeup ladies transformed me—by the time I auditioned, I felt so confident. I’m so grateful to them for that.
NASIM: They are amazing. Going from a child to a Kardashian, I go from barely anything to a million eyelashes in 30 seconds. I just stand there frozen while they attack me.
GLAMOUR: What’s the deal behind the famous end-of-show farewells? Have you ever really gotten in there to get a hug from a star you love?
CECILY: I forced Alec Baldwin to hug me. I was like, “You have to do this.” He certainly wasn’t initiating.

For more from the SNL girls, check out Glamour's April Issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!