March 31, 2009

American Idol 8 - Top 9 Perform

Here we are...Allison's hair is crazy, Anoop looks like Michael Jackson and THISSSSS IS AMERICAN IDOL!!! The following review is done by Marissa Croughan and myself. Comments and thoughts are from both parties. Enjoy.

Ryan Seacrest is so ON all the time. He's sort of like a character from Twilight. He doesn't sleep, I doubt he eats and his skin just sparkles....

Anoop is up first! He's going to be singing Usher. He is doing a really great job, but I feel like I can't really understand what he's saying during the verse part. His voice has amazing control - really engaging the audience. Nevertheless, I was a little bored. Let's see what the judges have to say... Randy didn't think it was the wrong song choice for him and I have to agree. Kara thinks that Anoop played it safe. Paula thinks his vocals were good, but he needs to up his stage presence. Simon thinks that he didn't have any originality. Personally, I think he'll be safe for next round as of right now, despite the scuff between him and Kara.

Next up is Megan Joy singing Turn Your Lights Down Low. She is doing a horrific job. She's singing as if she's passing a kidney stone. She's just really too nervous. She has really odd inflections in her voice that weird. She really sounds like she may have an extra chromosome. Kara didn't like it at all and thinks she may be in trouble. Paula makes absolutely no sense at all, as usual. I really just watch her and can't imagine her any other way but incredibly high. Simon thinks the song was boring and monotonous, which is what she's turning into. Randy didn't really like it at all either. I think she's in trouble.

So far, we're underwhelmed over here.....

Danny Gokey is up next singing Rascall Flatts' What Hurts the Most. He wants to slow it down tonight, sing his heart out and let his hear is emotions. I'm basically crying since this song is so sentimental and his wife passed away. It was the absolute PERFECT song choice. Well, Paula would hit repeat for this song in her car. She'd also hit a pipe, but that's neither here nor there. Simon thinks this is his best performance ever. He even clapped. Randy thinks it's really good, while I am staring at his candy necklace. Kara always hits it right on key: He moved everyone in this room emotionally. I am pretty sure he's safe! 1866 -IDOLS- 03

Allison Iraheta really needs to tone down her hair. She's going to sing Don't Speak, which is a fantastic idea. Looking forward to it...Wow, SHE REALLY NEEDS TO tone her hair. Is she competing with Sanjaya?? This performance is absolutely amazing, otherwise. This was her best performance ever. She just turned me -- but I still hate her look. Randy is making fun of her outfit. Good for him. Kara says she doesn't need the whole getup because she just IS. Simon is forever confused by Paula. I just don't know who to watch - Simon or Paula. I'm a bit upset that the judging was all about her outfit over the quality of singing. I thought it was pretty good.

Scott MyIntyre is next singing Just the Way You Are. He says, "I just love Billy Joel - I grew up with him." to which Marissa says, "No kidding, Piano Man." They did his hair a little different. I'm a little into this actually. This is the first time I feel I can really hear his voice. This is his best performance. Kara thinks it's a great song choice - cut to his also blind sister - she loves the new look. Paula is most proud of him and it's not because his challenge, it's because he makes it as though he's not challenged. Soooo basically, it IS about his challenge. Gotcha. Do me a favor people, next week, watch Simon when Paula is speaking. Simon thinks it's his best performance by far ... as far as the eye could see. Randy thinks he's one of the best of the night. Darn - no longer underdog. PLEASE with his 5 sign!! I can't.

Matt Giraud - bring it. I'm excited for you, don't disappoint mama. He's singing The Fray's You Found Me. He is doing a really good job with the piano, but his vocals aren't that good. I'm upset about a few things: 1. he didn't get a fair start for some reason. 2. he's not on stage and 3. the camera with the lights and everything, it's all just distracting. I'm really upset with his performance. Paula agrees with me and thinks it's a bit of a copycat. Simon didn't like it at all, either. Randy doesn't think this is a good song. Apologize would have been a better song, and I do agree since it goes into falsetto in it. Kara believes he doesn't deserve to go home and I agree. When I'm done, I'm calling 1-866-IDOLS-06. I feel like he was really good last week and was in bottom two even with amazing reviews by the judges. So his confidence is shot and now it just sucks because his confidence was down.

Lil Rounds - really??? I swear to you, I wouldn't be able to pick you out of a crowd with that look. Pick a hairstyle and stick to it. I'm serious. I'm annoyed by the song, but not denying that she has an incredible voice. Randy doesn't think it was a good song choice, but that she sang it really well. Mary WHAT. Keisha Cole WHAT. Kara is also surprised by song choice. "But Lil, you back in the Round" PAULA LAY OFF THE PIPE. Simon found it quite similar to a wedding performance. Wait, I LOVE her kids. I feel like that's not fair. It makes us like her more. Like wtf? Stop fucking with my mind, American Idol. Like, I don't like Lil but now I SORT of like her because her kids are adorable and hug Randy Jackson. I mean, CMON.

Ok, Dracula's up next - Adam Lambert is singing Play That Funky Music to go along with my Funky Hair. Good thing he doesn't wear it like he used to, all goth-like, looks good in that little poof -- but we'd like to see him cut it shorter and do it a bit of a faux hawk. Like, you're not part of the T-Birds. This is an amazing performance actually. Think about it: He made it his own with the arrangement, but you still feel the old beat of the original. He brings it EVERY week. He needs to win the competition because he doesn't exist. All of them died of AIDS. Freddy Mercury is gone, Age of Acquarius, The Original Cast of Jesus Christ Superstar -- they're all gone. He is a re-incarnation. Simon thinks it's original and liked the performance. Randy thinks he worked it and is in the star zone. He thanks the band and shows appreciation for their arrangement. Kara can't wait to see what he does next each and every week. He's a hit! 1866-IDOLS-08.

Kris Allen is the final performance of the evening. He's singing Ain't No Sunshine. I LOVE THIS SONG. I'm so excited! Ok, he is SO good! Marissa thinks he needs to annunciate more. His voice is just amazing. I think he needs some muscle mass. He's like Hey, I want to play with the big dogs - So I'm here tonight. It was REALLY good. Randy thinks he's been slayin' them. I agree. Kara's got three words "That Is Artistry!" Paula likes it, despite her speech impediments to actually get out that sentiment. Simon thinks he brought confidence and was a great arrangement. Fully agree!! 1-866-IDOLS-09.

Well, it's pretty obvious who I'm voting for - since I have the phone numbers up to show ya'll. Wow, I just voted and it was surprisingly easy. Never a busy single!

Ok - GenArt tomorrow night, so AI Recap will be a little delayed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!