March 21, 2009

Poke Her Face

I have a serious problem, in that I can never figure out lyrics to a song. I make up my own, commit them to memory and then just feel like a complete asshole when someone 1) catches me singing them or 2) actually sings the right lyrics, to which I always have to say "OHHHH, NOW I GET IT!!!" in my head. Debating whether or not I'm sober when option 2 happens, I will have a self-scolding session where I think "Duh, Zlata -- obviously what you were singing makes absolutely no sense"

Though there are MANY songs this has happened to me with, one that recently bugged me out was Poker Face by Lady Gaga. Sure, when I like a rap song, I have no problem looking up the lyrics, singing along and learning every verse -- but with Lady Gaga, I just usually hear it when I'm out, so for the purposes of singing and flailing my arms around, catching eyes with Hottie at the bar, well - it doesn't really warrant a whole cram session of lyrics.com.

Anyway, I always thought the song goes: "Carried Mine, Carried Mine - No he can't breathe with my poker face...she don't want, don't want no other"

The real lyrics, as Lauryn Kahn pointed out to me are:
Can't read my,
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
(She's got to love nobody)
Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my poker face
(She's got to love nobody)

"Duh, Zlata -- obviously what you were singing makes absolutely no sense"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!