April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day and Whatnot.

C'mon people ... you know you have to be "on guard" today, right? I've gotten a few people with some pranks today, most importantly my best friend Marissa. I had the one and only Nick Ragone call her up pretending to be the IRS to discuss some of her tax report. Personally, this was genius, considering the circumstances . Clearly, she was less than excited about my prank, but I have to tell you - I'm so extremely gullible that she has "gotten" me plenty of times to warrant this act. Plus, like I said - your guard should be up today. Minus one, Mar. Minus one.

In other news, isn't it amazing how much Twitter has taken over the celebrity world? Literally, those are the only people (and media) that I follow. Why do I care what Ashton is doing? I don't know, but there is something appealing about a different perspective of "Stars, They're Just Like Us." Furthermore, I remember being younger and obsessed with Melissa Joan Hart of Clarissa Explains It All (what, na na na na na na na.) I wrote her this big long fan letter and anxiously awaited her response, which was a lousy postcard with a signature, which clearly may not have even been hers. But NOW with Twitter, reaching out to your celebrity of choice couldn't be easier. I've basically proposed marriage to Andy Samberg, tried to setup a torrid love affair with Tucker Max and even told Jimmy Fallon to use the jokes my friend Andrew writes for his show. I'm like in direct contact with these people. Do they write back? That's neither here nor there. Do they read it, I am going to venture to say yes.

So you know what really chaps my ass? Or, as Peter Griffin would say, "Grinds My Gears," - it's the fact that Blackberry's Facebook doesn't allow for comments ON someone's status message. Instead it appears on their wall. Also, if someone comments on YOUR comment, you have to click the link to get to that thread. Man up , Blackberry Facebook -- get with the times!

That's what's up. Also, Happy Birthday to Carmelo Germano, wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Damn. You just made me want to use Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is actually a really good prank. You are making me miss sitting behind you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!