May 31, 2009

Top 10 Beauty Products - Zlata Thoughts

I've had an overwhelming number of votes for someone's suggestion for me to write about my top 10 favorite beauty products (you can suggest to hear my thoughts on any topic - just suggest it on the right side of my page!) This, however, is no easy fete, given my obsession for beauty products. Narrowing it down to 10 is not exactly easy. That being said, below you'll find XX products. Rather than including images - I went one better and linked you to where you can purchase them. Please let me know if you have anymore questions or need more information -- I'll be glad to advise!

Eyeliner
I have an affinity for two eyeliners in particular. After spending a few years using a brush-on kind, I've switched to pencils. My top two favorites:
  1. Chanel Stylo Yuex Waterproof (formally Aqua Crayon). I mainly like this pencil because it's not the type you sharpen. Meaning, it conforms to your eye line simply and efficiently. It's also waterproof, which helps during those really hot days -- or you know, for sad movie dates. Price $28
  2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. After discovering this pencil, I really think I prefer it over Chanel. It's super soft and smooth - and has absolutely no difficulty (as the name infers) gliding right on. I would HIGHLY recommend this eye pencil. Price $16
Concealer
For years, I used a concealer that my mom got overseas, sans label. Therefore, after it finally ran out - I was on the market for a new one. Cover Girl Lipstick cover up did the trick for a little bit, until I discovered: BeneFit's Boi-ing in shade 2. Available at Sephora, Boi-ing comes in three different tones and is easily applied with just the tip of your fingers for easy blending - no need for powder to set it. I'm a huge fan! Price $18

Mascara
Man, I can talk about mascara forever. I really have over 25 active mascaras and my favorites are constantly changing. There are a few beauty secrets of application that I'll keep to myself, however. Currently, I'm into the following three:
  1. Bare Escentuals BUXOM Lash. This mascara, when applied properly (it comes with instructions,) truly gives the impression of false eyelashes. They appear full and voluminous. Defintely a must-have! Price $18
  2. Maybelline Define-a-Lash. It doesn't have a "normal" brush and exceeded my expectations in refining each lash without any clumps whatsoever. Price $8.29
  3. Estee Lauder XL Maximum Lash. Fine, I'll tell you my secret: No matter WHAT mascara you use, coat this mascara over it as a second layer. Price $21
  4. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON: FiberWig. It's really pretty messy and doesn't fulfill its claim to create a false-eyelash appearance.
Bronzer - The only makeup I have not changed in four years.
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess in Soft Matte. Use a Kabuki brush that's soft and spread out. I use an Estee Lauder one as well, since the Bobbi Brown one I bought was really too tight together, creating more concentrated areas of darkness rather than equally dispersed. Price $30

Eye Shadow
Here, I'm a little more flexible with what I'll use. I have way too many to name my absolute favorite, but here's a few that I like:
  1. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact. Yes, I actually use this as eyeshadow. Lasts all day and goes with any outfit. This is perfect for when you're in a rush to get to work! Price $38
  2. Almay Intense I-Color Trio. Rememer the commercials for matching the color of your eyes with the color pallette? Yes, well - it really does work. I bought the Hazel colors and this product was successful in bringing out the green in my eyes. I guess that's why Ford Models called me that one day... Price $7.49
  3. Stila. Though I really do like all the colors Stila has to offer, I think it's important to use the right brush with this particular brand. Stila is really powdery, so if you're using a loose brush, make sure you blow on it before applying to your eyes. Price varies.
Body & Shower
I have a really big crush on Bliss Spa products. In an effort to keep this short and informative, I'll just tell you that A MUST-HAVE in the shower is Bliss Spa's Body Buff. Available in different varieties, I recommend the Vanilla + Bergomot one. Surprisingly, you don't even need body lotion after you get out of the shower. It leaves your skin exfoliated and smelling delicious. Price $38

Body Cream
Jaqua Beauty products are REALLY amazing. I'm not sure how well known they are, since they're based out of Santa Barbara, CA - but this lotion is so moisturizerizing, I basically slip out of bed when I try to slide in. (I kid, I kid.) Personally, I use the Buttercream Frosting (and also have it in a candle scent!) Thick and luxurious, my skin literally drinks it up! Visit their website for so many other products. They are really a great gift idea, too. Price $28

There you go - a bit more than 10 -- but I hope you enjoyed Zlata Thoughts on Must-Have beauty products!

2 comments:

  1. I also like the BeneFit concealer. Have to disagree on mascara, though -- DiorShow is the best in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Any skin care rec's?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!