June 26, 2009

Celebrity-Issued Quotes Regarding the Death of Michael Jackson



"I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless." - Madonna

"I can't find the words right now to express how deeply saddened I am by Michael's passing. We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music, but of all music. He has been an inspiration to multiple generations and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones." - Justin Timberlake

"This is such a tragic loss and a terrible day. The incomparable Michael Jackson has made a bigger impact on music than any other artist in the history of music. He was magic. He was what we all strive to be. He will always be the king of pop! Life is not about how many breaths you take, but about how many moments in life that take your breath away. For anyone who has ever seen, felt, or heard his art, we are all honored to have been alive in this generation to experience the magic of Michael Jackson. I love you Michael." - Beyonce Knowles

"I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!" - Britney Spears

"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words. Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's. To this day, the music we created together on "Off The Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication. He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever. I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him." - Quincy Jones

"I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible. I am heartbroken for his children who I know were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me." - Lisa Marie Presley

"I am so grateful to have worked with the King. He was a gift to the world, he is a bright light and I wouldn't be surprised if the world stopped spinning tomorrow." - will.i.am

"Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player." - John Mayer

"Michael Jackson was my inspiration. Love and blessings." - Miley Cyrus

"I am really shocked; as I'm sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on 'Beat It' back in '83 -- one of my fondest memories in my career. Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace." - Eddie Van Halen

"He was a kind, genuine, and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life." - Liza Minnelli

"Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!" - Kelly Rowland

"We lost a great entertainer and a pop icon. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Jackson's family, friends and fans." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!" - Diddy

"I was lucky enough to know and work with Michael Jackson in his prime. Michael was an extraordinary talent and a truly great international star. He had a troubled and complicated life and despite his gifts, remains a tragic figure. My wife Deborah and I will always have great affection for him." - John Landis

"Dame Elizabeth Taylor is too devastated by the passing of her dear friend Michael Jackson to issue a statement at this time." - Liz Taylor's Rep

"I'm dedicating my show 2night to Michael Jackson. Thriller got me laid. Well... At least thats what I told my friends." - Dane Cook

"My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael. He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing." - Brooke Shields

"This loss has deeply saddened me, with a heavy heart I composed this statement. May God cover you Michael. We all lift your name up in prayer. I pray for the entire JACKSON family particularly Michael's mother and all his fans that loved him so much. I would not be the artist, performer, and philanthropist I am today without the influence of Michael. I have great admiration and respect for Him and I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to meet and perform with such a great entertainer In so many ways he transcended culture. He broke barriers, he changed radio formats! With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled Michael Jackson will never be forgotten" - Jamie Foxx

"The first album I ever bought with my own money was Thriller. His performance at the Grammys is a milestone in the history of American music. I watched it on TV and spent the next two weeks in my kitchen trying to learn how to moonwalk." - Mark Hoppus of Blink-182

"A friend of Michael's for the last 35 years, I call on people around the world to pray for him and his family in the hour.I have known Michael since we were both teens, worked with him, marched for him, hosted him at our House of Justice headquarters in New York, and we joined together to eulogize our mutual idol, James Brown. I have known him at his high moments and his low moments and I know he would want us to pray for his family." - Rev. Al Sharpton

"When I first met him, I was shaking like a leaf. ... Growing up, Michael Jackson could no wrong. Everything the man did was magic. ... There will never be another Michael Jackson. ... It's a really sad day for us." - Ne-Yo

"I am so devastated by this terrible news. From the beginning of my career, he was my idol in show business. He was a genius and an incredible artist!! I remember when I was growing up and watching him on TV, and all his videos...I had his poster on my wall...he was so amazing...his singing, his writing, his dancing. We had the same record company, and they knew I was a huge fan, so when things started to happen for me, they arranged for us to meet. I was so nervous, and so excited at the same time, and Michael was so nice. He autographed one of his hats for me.... I was so thrilled. Years later, he came to see my Las Vegas show and we spent some time together....and we were really looking forward to seeing his show in London. It's unbelievable that he's no longer with us. It still hasn't sunk in. I guess we're just finding out what happened, but all I can say is that he must have been under an enormous amount of pressure......to do the shows, and to keep on top of everything, plus this was going to be his big comeback. This is a lot of pressure and it can be overwhelming for anyone. I'm sure it was just too much to handle. Right now, along millions and millions of others I am so sad....and I just want to send my prayers and love to Michael's family. I can't imagine how difficult this is for them....to lose someone so special. And it's the same for everyone in the world who loses a loved one. It just keeps reminding us of how precious life is, and that we never know when it's our time. God Bless his soul" - Celine Dion

"It's the death of an American icon. There are three people that stand out in my mind -- Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson. That's the triumvirate that sums up American popular culture, iconic people became worldwide figures with worldwide popularity in the music industry … He was "the single most talented person I’ve ever known. There was every aspect of creativity, as a performer -- from the early days with the Jackson Five and being biggest phenomenon in the world -- and as a songwriter, (he wrote) some of the most outstanding and memorable songs you ever will hear. His videos were groundbreaking -- he defined the video age. He was the person who married video and music more than any individual ever did or ever will …He was a rare and beautiful and gifted and extraordinarily talented person. ... I think the pressure of this quote on quote comeback was overwhelming to Michael, because it was being billed and staged as a comeback, and that’s incredible pressure. It's overwhelming." - Tommy Mottola

"Michael Jackson was my Music God. He made me believe that all things are possible, and through real and positive music, you can live forever! I love Michael Jackson. God Bless him." - Wyclef Jean

“I am really shocked; as I’m sure the world is, to hear the news. I had the pleasure of working with Michael on ‘Beat It’ back in ‘83 — one of my fondest memories in my career. Michael will be missed and may he rest in peace.” - Eddie Van Halen

“I come to you today with great sadness, acknowledging the loss of the greatest entertainer in the history of mankind. For me he was more than that, he was my idol, he was a role model, he was someone to cry to when my childhood was unbearable, he was a brother, he was a dear friend.” - Corey Feldman

“His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I’m sure it will remain so for generations to come.R.I.P.Mr Jackson.” - Samantha Ronson

“I would not be the artist, performer, and philanthropist I am today without the influence of Michael.” Jackson, he said, “transcended the culture. He broke barriers, he changed radio formats. With music, he made it possible for people like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama to impact the mainstream world. His legacy is unparalleled Michael Jackson will never be forgotten.” - Usher

“The world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless.” - Heidi Montag

“Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love , miss & remember your GREATNESS.” - Ice T

“Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we’ll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.” - John Mayer

"Michael Jackson was my generation's most iconic cultural hero. Courageous, unique and incredibly talented. He'll be missed greatly." — Russell Simmons

"We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through. He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many." — Dionne Warwick

"Peace to the King. ... He was one of my childhood idols. I salute you King of Pop. You made the whole world moonwalk together." — LL Cool J

"I am very sad. No one will be able to replace him. But I know that the light that he emanated from the stage will live on with all of us who saw him for what he was and always will be — a great teacher, pure musical inspiration." — Ricky Martin

"Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life! He made me believe in magic." — Sean "Diddy" Combs

3 comments:

  1. sin lugar a dudas, la parte mas triste despues del concierto de paris, fue la perdida de una leyenda, el rey del pop, MJ rest in peace my friend.

    lo tendremos en nuestro corazon.

    db

    db = David Bisbal Latin Pop Artist!

    Source: http://foros.davidbisbal.com/index.php?showtopic=48454 (his official website)

    Translated = without any doubt the part more sad after the concert in Paris, it was the lost of a legend, the king of pop. MJ rest in peace my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. without any doubt the part more sad after the concert in Paris, it was the lost of a legend, the king of pop. MJ rest in peace my friend.

    we keep you in our heart.
    db

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Anonymous June 26, 2009 8L33 pm regarding David Bisbal.

    Carol - la otra madre de David Bisbal

    I discovered this site via a fan of Ricky Martin. RickysFlower.

    RIP Michael Jackson. When I was a teen my bedroom walls were all decorated with posters and photos of MJ, Donny Osmond and David Cassidy. Those 3 only. The music world has suffered a great loss but the spiritual world is rejoicing and very joyful. Praise the Lord - Amen! As David said we keep you in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your ThoughtZ!